{Togetherness, happiness, fun and laughDaisypath Anniversary tickers

All photographs are there to remind us of what we forget, they are just like the recipe - a memory of the finished dishes...}

Monday, September 19, 2011

My Recipe: Nyonya Curry Noodle

Today I don't feel like doing anything
I just wanna lay in my bed
Don't feel like picking up my phone, so leave a message at the tone
'Cause today I swear I'm not doing anything…lalalla….
yeay…a superlazy weekend…
  • I am way tooo lazy to go to market to get some potatoes so I substituted it to french fries :P
  • Forget to buy rice noodle and lazy to cook rice…so I used Indomie as my noodle hahaha….IMG_1017[1]
uneed[5]
  • 2 pack of Indomie (use only one pack of seasoning)
  • 1 pack of ready to use curry paste
  • 200 ml coconut milk/ fresh milk
  • 600 ml water
  • 1 cloves of crush garlic
  • curry leaves
  • bird’s eye chili (depends on your preference)
  • prawns/ chicken fillet (hahha…i never measure how much so just use your feeling will do :P)
stepbystep[3]
  1. Stir the garlic, chilli and curry leaves with lil olive oil until it smells good (hahaha..spicy I mean :P)
  2. Put the prawns/ chicken in and let it cook with the paste together ( to let the meat absorb the curry paste) for 1 min
  3. Next pour in the coconut milk and water, stir well until all combine together
  4. If you cook prawn curry then you need to take out the prawns immediately after it boil( take out the prawns and the soup a lil bit and set a side ,over cooked prawns is not nice…what we want is a crunchy prawn not a soggy prawn.
  5. Let it boil with small fire and can put a lil bit corn flour (mix with lil bit water) to make it thick.
  6. TIme to fries our french fries and also cook our Indomie noodle
  7. Strain the indomie noodle and remember only add in one package of its seasonings to give a lil bit flavor on the noodle (if not it will give u a super salty noodle cause the soup is a tasty soup so we need to balance it taste)
  8. Place your noodle on the plate, decorate it with the french fries on the side and pour the soup on the top…and voila..super tasty yet simple Nyonya Curry Noodle :D
Happy cooking :)


1 comment:

  1. Did u use the Japanese instant curry paste that came in boxes?

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover